Darite Heritage committee,
2011-11-15

Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at the Darite village hall on 2011-11-15 at 19:30. Readership is public. This document was approved by the committee on 2011-12-20.


Present:
Peter Jackson
Debbie Rowan
Alan Silverstone
Martin Shead         (Acting chair)
Rebecca Ross

Apologies:

Howard Jones, Sherry Foreman, Michael Foreman.

Minutes from 2011-10-18 were approved.

Matters arising

Bank account

Debbie has investigated bank accounts and concluded that a "Community Directplus" account with the co-operative bank would suit us. This was agreed. The signatories will consist of at least the officers of Darite Heritage, who are PNJ, DR and RR. These people will need to sign forms and submit "proof of identity" documentation to the bank.
Action: Debbie to organise signatory documentation and open the account.

There's a question about what postal address to use. Possibilities might be:

What does the Village Hall do? Ask Alan Newman.
Action: Debbie to seek advice.

For startup money we will have the proceeds from Saturday's event.

Ordnance Survey licence

Debbie has investigated and found out that licence charges depend on the areas involved and scope of use. There may be a charge of the order of £100 involved. PNJ agreed to investigate further.
Action: PNJ to investigate and define requirements.

Feedback from Hedge Week

The walk led by Jane Uglow on Saturday 2011-10-29 was very good, but less well attended than we would have liked.

Peter went to the talk on 2011-10-27 - "The field systems and boundaries of the Cornish landscape" - and found it extremely interesting. There were of the order of 15 people present.

Martin said that Hedge Week publicity hadn't succeeded in engaging people's attention and he thought that more people had been intrigued by the forthcoming DH event. Also the lengthy daytime events would have ruled out attendance by people who are at work.

Projects status

Display board

Howard wasn't present, but it's likely that permissions for the use of OS mapping data remains a blockage.

Railway Terrace history day

Final logistics were discussed. We know that Sherry will be making two cakes. Becky agreed to make a selection of scones and Debbie some savoury biscuits and backup cakes.

Agreed that we would have a simple charging scheme of 50p for beverage and 50p for an item of cake/scone.

Becky agreed to provide tea and coffee stocks.

Peter agreed to liase with Iain Rowe about a projector and the display boards. Becky can provide a projector if required.

Debbie and Becky agreed to be in charge of refreshments and will supervise the hall while the walkers are away.

Debbie will produce a float for change.

Martin agreed to be the walk rearguard.

Future events and projects

Peter mentioned that a logo competition (mentioned last time) was technically difficult and the focus should be on drawings and photographs.

Schedule

We think it is important to develop a long term schedule of events that's integrated with village hall events and other CHAHP and similar relevant events.

Becky remains keen to organise a quiz night, which will have a local heritage theme and be for adults. This could be on 2012-02-04 [subsequent to the meeting, a rearrangement of the village pantomime now conflicts with this]. The date should not be too close to the regular village quiz night, which is on the second Friday of each month. Becky and Adele will construct the quiz.

Alan said that Sally Silverstone had agreed to give a talk on Biosphere 2 (see REF-BIO2 from previous minutes). Sally was part of the crew of the first closed mission. This will be sometime in April.
Action: Alan to finalise a date.

We will pursue more detailed planning next time. We know that we want to organise a Himalayan Balsalm event in June/July and there will be an AGM somewhen around September.

AOB

Peter said that the DH business cards were proving valuable and could Martin please produce some more? Action: Martin.

Next meeting

The next DH committee meeting will be on 2011-12-20 at 19:30, to be chaired by Peter.

Updates

This document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
  1. PNJ, 2011-11-21. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.
  2. PNJ, 2011-12-20. Approved at the 2011-12-20 committee meeting.
$Id: //WEB/Darite/Heritage/publish/MINUTES/2011/DH_2011-11-15.HTML#2 $
$Change: 6317 $ $DateTime: 2011/12/21 03:14:41 $ $Author: JACKSON_PN $

Any text you see at this point onwards is the result of the style sheet used by this document being inaccessible or corrupt. The document content above is usable but probably renders less elegantly than the author intended.

Darite

Public