Darite Heritage committee,
2012-02-21

Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2012-02-21 at 19:30. Readership is public. This document was approved at the meeting on 2012-04-17.


Present:
Peter Jackson        (Acting chair)
Debbie Rowan
Martin Shead
Rebecca Ross
Howard Jones
Sherry Foreman
Michael Foreman
Apologies:
Alan Silverstone

Minutes from 2012-01-17 were approved.

Matters arising

Bank account

Revised paperwork was sent to the bank somewhen around 2012-02-01 but we've had no feedback since then.

Action: DR to pursue.

Projects status

Display board

Howard is unavailable to work on this project until 2012-03-31 but will continue after that. We noted that costs can be covered if they are documented and communicated to CHAHP.

[ To elaborate: PNJ was told by Iain Rowe on 2012-01-13 that the costs could be covered from a "Heritage Interpretation" fund. The expenses should be itemised and ideally submitted alongside images of the work in progress.]

Spawn

Howard reported that no significant amounts of spawn have been seen on the moorland ponds since the recent spell of cold weather that probably killed the earlier spawnings in January. He expects to lead a walk at fairly short notice when it reappears, to be communicated as effectively as we can when the time comes.

Quiz night

Becky has prepared all the questions and some posters about it have been produced by Martin and already on display. More will be distributed shortly, together with leaflet drops and an entry in the school newsletter.

We also think that notices at the hairdresser and Open Doors would be a good idea.

Howard, Debbie, Martin and Michael have been and will be actively doing all that. Martin has also placed a notice in the Cornish Times.

Howard suggested that prizes should include a local heritage book of some kind - perhaps the railway book if we can get a copy - Howard said he has seen a copy on eBay and would order it.

[ PNJ has acquired a copy of the Liskeard "Images of England" book of early photographs, for a possible additional prize.]

PNJ and RR will meet during the weekend of 25/26 to review the questions.

Future events

The next DH event will be the Biosphere 2 talk in May.

It was agreed that Golitha would be an acceptable venue for a fungus event somewhen in October, if it can be arranged.

Next meeting

The next DH committee meeting will be on 2012-04-17 at 19:30, to be chaired by HJ.

Note that there will not be a committee meeting in March.


Updates

This document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
  1. PNJ, 2012-02-23. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting. Additional commentary added in square brackets [thus].
$Id: //WEB/Darite/Heritage/publish/MINUTES/2012/DH_2012-02-21.HTML#4 $
$Change: 6599 $ $DateTime: 2012/04/18 11:00:27 $ $Author: JACKSON_PN $

Any text you see at this point onwards is the result of the style sheet used by this document being inaccessible or corrupt. The document content above is usable but probably renders less elegantly than the author intended.

Darite

Public