Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2012-11-20 at 19:30. Readership is public. This document was approved at the meeting on 2013-01-09.
Peter Jackson (Chair) Martin Shead Debbie Rowan Alan Silverstone Michael Foreman Sherry ForemanApologies:
Minutes from the September AGM were accepted.
CHAHP newsPNJ attended the CHAHP PPG meeting on 2012-11-06. Items from this mentioned briefly:
- Some discussion about the need for better communication about meetings;
- Projects are expected to be 80% complete by March 2013, but only 50% of the available funds will have been spent;
- There is a new Orchard group;
- Loose talk about a Liskeard to Minions cycle trail;
- The main concern of commoners is peaceful livestock grazing;
- Some discussion about the CHAHP exit strategy and the setup of an umbrella group to succeed it.
PNJ also attended a CHAHP event at Notter Tor on 2012-11-04. It was a worthwhile event and a potentially useful site for DH to access for woodland walks, fungi, etc.
Meeting arrangementsIt was agreed to move the DH committee meeting to follow that of the Village Hall committee. This will start in January on 2013-01-09.
Future projectsEvents suggested for 2013:
- A Himalayan Balsalm weekend similar to the one in 2012.
- It was felt we would not have the resources to commit to another quiz night in 2013.
- Have a Bat and Moth Barbecue night in June or July. Obtain moth traps and a bat detector. Proposed date 2013-06-08.
- Alan said that there are reputed to be a species of poisonous
spider residing in the village. Perhaps we should do a "spring watch"
event in conjunction with the school. Would Lisa Townsend be willing
to take charge of the children?
Actions: MF agreed to discuss that with Lisa Townsend. MS agreed to investigate connecting with the Springwatch organisation.
- Biosphere: AS said that Sally would be in the UK in June. If she can still give her presentation it might be a good idea to hold it in conjunction with the Callington Space Centre and organise transport there from Darite.
- If we do a geological event, we should tie that in with the school.
Agreed that this was enough forward planning for the time being. MS said that planning for the whole year may not be the best strategy.
Next meetingWednesday 2013-01-09, 20:00 - To be chaired by PNJ.
The meeting ended at 20:39.
UpdatesThis document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
- PNJ, 2013-01-08. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.
- PNJ, 2013-01-17. Approved on 2013-01-09.