Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2012-01-09 at 20:00. Readership is public. This document was approved at the committee meeting on 2013-02-13.
Peter Jackson (Chair) Martin Shead Debbie Rowan Alan Silverstone Michael Foreman Sherry ForemanApologies:
Minutes from the meeting on 2012-11-20 were accepted.
Future projects reviewDates and actions for the events so far proposed for 2013 were discussed.
- Himalayan Balsalm weekend
A date has not been fixed and it partly depends on the weather.
Action: MS to discuss with Derris watson on 2013-01-11.
- Bat and moth barbecue
- The proposed date of 2013-06-08 remains viable.
Action: PNJ to investigate obtaining or borrowing moth traps and bat detector.
- Springwatch event
- To be done in conjunction with the school. MS had been unable
to find out whether some connection with the springwatch organisation
itself was possible. The official Springwatch period starts on
2013-03-29, so our event would probably be sometime in April (but
not around 2013-04-26 which is easter and it needs to tie in with
Action: MS to fix a date with Lisa Townsend.
We need a specialist and that person can advise on the best type of
event and its timing. There is an owl place in St Cleer.
An attending specialist can be paid and we can also consider
charging for this event.
Action: DR will contact the person in St Cleer for advice.
Next meetingWednesday 2013-02-13, 20:00 - To be chaired by PNJ.
AOBMS raised concern about the dressing floor. It is frustrating that it is on our doorstep yet we seem powerless to take action to preserve it. It now requires even more effort to repair.
Action: PNJ to recommunicate our concerns.
The meeting ended at 20:55.
UpdatesThis document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
- PNJ, 2013-01-16. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.