Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2012-03-13 at 20:00. Readership is public. This document was approved at the meeting of 2013-05-08.
Peter Jackson (Chair) Martin Shead Debbie Rowan Alan Silverstone Michael Foreman Sherry ForemanApologies:
Minutes and matters arisingMinutes from the meeting on 2013-02-13 had not been read by most participants so acceptance is deferred until the next meeting.
The date for the balsalm weekend is now 2013-09-07. This is because it will be sprayed earlier in the year and the purpose of this weekend is for secondary cleanup.
The Meadow Fayre now clashes with the Bat and Moth Barbecue, which is therefore moved to 2013-07-06.
MS has not been able to communicate with the school yet, so those actions are carried forward.
Owl eventDR has again spoken with Brian Hooper. He says that he would not require payment and places no restriction on numbers.
MF said that if there is a choice he would prefer to see british species.
The date is confirmed as 2013-05-11 at 15:00BST.
There are some further details we would like to understand before we can properly advertise the event. DR said that she would talk to Brian Hooper again. The things we would like to clarify are:
- Will Brian require anything to support visual aids?
- How long will his talk last?
- Does his talk have a title?
- Is there a synopsis of the talk that we could use for publication?
- Any requirements for safety and discipline of children?
- Is it entirely an indoor event or will some of it take place outside?
DR will invite him to a coffee morning so that we can meet him.
It was agreed that we should try to make the event profitable, but we will not charge for admission. Beverages and cake will be served at the usual prices. We may pass a hat round at the end for donations.
A working title for the event is "The Owls are not what they seem" (See this short video) for the reference.
We will advertise the event in Darite, Crows Nest and Common Moor.
MS agreed to make a poster for the event. He requires information for that to be with him by 2013-04-07 so that it can be distributed with the Mayday publications. He will also arrange for a school satchel distribution.
AS suggested that Josh could distribute material with his free paper round in Darite, freeing up our time to concentrate on Common Moor and Crows Nest.
Next meetingWednesday 2013-04-10, 20:00, chaired by PNJ.
AOBPNJ reported that the valley floor work mentioned last month is now included in the CHAHP list of works. We need to ensure that there is good communication with the village as this plan progresses, including perhaps a public presentation.
PNJ mentioned the equinox sunset walk on 2013-03-20.
The meeting closed at 20:35.
- PNJ to make a list of questions for Brian Hooper.
- DR to meet Brian Hooper again for answers and to invite him to a coffee morning.
- MS to prepare publicity material for owl event.
- PNJ to investigate bat detectors and moth traps.
- PNJ to investigate finding a bat expert for the June event.
- MS to fix a date for springwatch event with Lisa Townsend.
- MS to discuss school involvement with the owl event with Lisa Townsend and Emma Mullis.
- PNJ to discuss funding for a portable projector with CHAHP.
UpdatesThis document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
- PNJ, 2013-03-15. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.
- PNJ, 2013-05-12. Noted approval at meeting of 2013-05-08.