Darite Heritage committee,
2013-03-13

Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2012-03-13 at 20:00. Readership is public. This document was approved at the meeting of 2013-05-08.


Present:
Peter Jackson (Chair)
Martin Shead
Debbie Rowan
Alan Silverstone
Michael Foreman
Sherry Foreman
Apologies:
Rebecca Ross

Minutes and matters arising

Minutes from the meeting on 2013-02-13 had not been read by most participants so acceptance is deferred until the next meeting.

The date for the balsalm weekend is now 2013-09-07. This is because it will be sprayed earlier in the year and the purpose of this weekend is for secondary cleanup.

The Meadow Fayre now clashes with the Bat and Moth Barbecue, which is therefore moved to 2013-07-06.

MS has not been able to communicate with the school yet, so those actions are carried forward.

Owl event

DR has again spoken with Brian Hooper. He says that he would not require payment and places no restriction on numbers.

MF said that if there is a choice he would prefer to see british species.

The date is confirmed as 2013-05-11 at 15:00BST.

There are some further details we would like to understand before we can properly advertise the event. DR said that she would talk to Brian Hooper again. The things we would like to clarify are:

DR will invite him to a coffee morning so that we can meet him.

It was agreed that we should try to make the event profitable, but we will not charge for admission. Beverages and cake will be served at the usual prices. We may pass a hat round at the end for donations.

A working title for the event is "The Owls are not what they seem" (See this short video) for the reference.

We will advertise the event in Darite, Crows Nest and Common Moor.

MS agreed to make a poster for the event. He requires information for that to be with him by 2013-04-07 so that it can be distributed with the Mayday publications. He will also arrange for a school satchel distribution.

AS suggested that Josh could distribute material with his free paper round in Darite, freeing up our time to concentrate on Common Moor and Crows Nest.

Next meeting

Wednesday 2013-04-10, 20:00, chaired by PNJ.

AOB

PNJ reported that the valley floor work mentioned last month is now included in the CHAHP list of works. We need to ensure that there is good communication with the village as this plan progresses, including perhaps a public presentation.

PNJ mentioned the equinox sunset walk on 2013-03-20.

The meeting closed at 20:35.

Outstanding actions


Updates

This document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
  1. PNJ, 2013-03-15. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.
  2. PNJ, 2013-05-12. Noted approval at meeting of 2013-05-08.

Any text you see at this point onwards is the result of the style sheet used by this document being inaccessible or corrupt. The document content above is usable but probably renders less elegantly than the author intended.
Public