Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2012-04-10 at 20:00 BST. Readership is public. This document was approved at the meeting of 2013-05-08.
Peter Jackson (Chair) Martin Shead Debbie Rowan Alan Silverstone Michael Foreman Sherry ForemanApologies:
Minutes and matters arisingSince nobody remembered reading the previous Minutes their acceptance was again deferred alongside those of the meeting on 2013-02-13.
Owl eventThe expected meeting with Brian Hooper did not take place, so further details of the event remain unclear. Publicity is now necessary so we discussed expected details for Martin to prepare leaflets and posters.
We will assume that the event takes place in the hall and perhaps outdoors later if the weather is favourable.
We changed the title to Creatures of the night, Part1 because the previous title seemed too obscure for most people and the new one fits a theme to be continued in the following event in July.
For the school, leaflets will be sent to go out in the "satchel post" via Lisa and Emma.
Posters will be displayed in Darite, Crows Nest and Common Moor. Leaflets will be distributed in these places too. Josh will include them with the local paper and Michael will distribute in Crows Nest and Common Moor.
If possible, Debbie will try to arrange another meeting with Brian so that we can understand better how to prepare.
It will be made clear that children are to be accompanied by adults. When the meeting starts we will reiterate that parents/carers are responsible for their children who need to maintain calm behaviour in the presence of the animals.
Next meetingWednesday 2013-05-08, 20:00 BST, to be chaired by PNJ.
AOBPNJ has renewed the village domain names for another 3 years. These are
DARITE.ORG, DARITE.ORG.UK, DARITE.INFOand
DARITEVILLAGE.CO.UK is owned by MS and its web traffic
is forwarded to a server managed by PNJ for the village site.
We could consider making DARITE.INFO the commonly advertised domain name. Darite Heritage is currently advertised as DARITE.ORG.UK.
There was no feedback from the meeting about the current web content.
The meeting closed at 20:45.
- DR to meet Brian Hooper again to clarify requirements.
- MS to prepare publicity material for owl event. [Done]
- PNJ to investigate bat detectors and moth traps.
- PNJ to investigate finding a bat expert for the June event.
- MS to fix a date for springwatch event with Lisa Townsend.
- MS to discuss school involvement with the owl event with Lisa Townsend and Emma Mullis. [we don't anticipate much involvement]
- PNJ to discuss funding for a portable projector with CHAHP.
- PNJ to discuss supervision of Owl event with Becky and Iain.
UpdatesThis document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
- PNJ, 2013-04-16. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.
- PNJ, 2013-05-12. Noted approval of meeting on 2013-05-08.