Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Darite village hall on 2013-09-11 at 20:00 BST. Readership is public. This document was approved by the meeting on 2013-12-11
Peter Jackson (Chair) Martin Shead Debbie Rowan Rebecca Ross
Minutes and matters arisingMinutes from 2013-08-14 were accepted without modification.
- The legacy group has had another meeting and a working group has been set up to draft its constitution. It will be a forum of groups whose purpose is to support the activities of its member groups. Member groups aren't necessarily limited to CHAHP spawned organisations. Institutions like Liskeard Museum may also be members. The legacy group will replace the CHAHP as a focus for communication and holder of certain assets. Its next meeting will be on 2013-11-02. Current groups may send up to two representatives to this meeting.
- The Hurlers archaeological project "Mapping the Sun" starts next week. There will be various events, walks and talks during the week. The pavement will be covered again afterwards.
There is a CHAHP groups event on 2013-10-19. PNJ will be away, but
other members of the committee could attend to meet people from the
Jane Uglow describes it thus:
On Saturday 19th October from 11am to 4pm I am organising an event to which all groups are invited to have a stall. The event centres on the collection of free Bird boxes and trees by people who live in the project area. (if anyone want either or both let me know).
I have booked the hall at Upton Cross, which will allow each group to have a table for displaying information about their activities organised by their group. It will also be a chance to network with other groups and promote forthcoming events.
So as to make the day a real celebration of CHAHP, there will be a hog roast (free) for all to enjoy.
- A new Caradon Amateur Geology group will have its first meeting on Friday 2013-10-25 at 19:30, probably in Liskeard. This is organised by Calum Beeson.
Competition and AGM planPNJ, RR, and MS met on 2013-09-03 to discuss publicity for the AGM but ended up making substantial changes to the plan as described in these notes.
In that discussion we changed the original date to 2013-10-26 to avoid clashing with the Looe Festival and decided to prioritise the photographic competition as the theme of the event.
In the rules of competition we decided to weaken the requirement for an accompanying description to an option in case that would have deterred some people.
We will try to put winning pictures on mugs and the first prize will get a framed picture.
Judges will be Julia and Alex.
Timetable for 2013-10-2614:00 Competition entries exhibition plus scones, cakes, cream teas.
15:00 winners announced.
16:00 exhibition closes.
There will be activities for children to do, perhaps colouring outline pictures of the Holmans engine house "man in the mine".
We agreed to try and make it so that all entrants get some kind of token gift, perhaps their image on a keyfob.
For the future, we discussed having an outside event for children next summer that involves making clay models of mine buildings.
Next meetingWednesday 2013-10-16, 19:00 BST, to be chaired by PNJ.
Its focus will be on managing preparations for the competition and Alex and Julia are to be invited.
The meeting closed at 20:50 BST.
- PNJ to obtain display boards.
- MS to prepare publicity material. (Completed)
UpdatesThis document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
- PNJ, 2013-10-01. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.
- PNJ, 2014-01-06. Approved on 2013-12-11.