Darite Heritage committee,
2013-12-11

Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Kel Dowr on 2013-12-11 at 20:00. Readership is public. This document was approved by the committee at a meeting on 2014-01-08


Present:
Peter Jackson (Chair)
Martin Shead
Debbie Rowan
Rebecca Ross
Alan Silverstone
Julia Chalmers

Minutes and matters arising

Minutes from 2013-09-11 and 2013-10-26 were accepted.

PNJ asked for clarification of a minor discrepancy in the treasurer's statement in the 2013-10-26 Minutes.
Action: DR will send a clarification to PNJ.

DR reported that we can now use the Britannia in Liskeard for cash banking.

Plans for 2014

Photographs

The photographic competition is a good way of keeping people engaged and we will try to run it continuously and display favourite images monthly.

We may announce prizes at the Meadow Fayre in June (Currently 2014-06-07) and/or at the end of the Geological event (see below).

Publicise through the school from 6th January. Also St Cleer school.

We will use similar entry conditions to last time.

Quiz night

RR volunteered to prepare questions for a Quiz Night similar to the event we ran on 2012-03-03. We decided to hold this on Saturday, 2014-02-08.
Action: RR to prepare questions for Quiz Night.

Owl event

We'd like to do another Owl event and we should schedule it for a time when the Owls aren't brooding.
Action: DR to find out appropriate dates.

Treasure hunt

JC volunteered to organise a local walking treasure hunt. This might take the form of a walk to Minions and back which could be done at a relaxed pace. This would be on a Saturday before the Summer Holidays with a Barbecue afterwards. The proposed date is 2014-05-31.
Action: JC to plan the event.

Geology

For later in the year we might organise a geological walk in conjunction with CAGG. We could do another barbecue at the end of that, perhaps at the end of August.
Action: PNJ to discuss the idea with Calum Beeson.

Next meeting

Wednesday 2014-01-08, 20:00, Kel Dowr, to be chaired by PNJ.

AOB

None.

Action summary

  1. DR to clarify the accounts published in the 2013-10-26 Minutes.
  2. DR to find out a good time for the Owl event.
  3. RR to prepare questions for Quiz Night.
  4. JC to plan a treasure hunt.
  5. PNJ to discuss a South Caradon geological walk with Calum Beeson.

Updates

This document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
  1. PNJ, 2014-01-06. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.

Any text you see at this point onwards is the result of the style sheet used by this document being inaccessible or corrupt. The document content above is usable but probably renders less elegantly than the author intended.
Public