Darite Heritage committee,
2014-01-08

Minutes of the Darite Heritage committee meeting held at Kel Dowr on 2014-01-08 at 20:00. Readership is public. This document was approved by the committee on 2014-04-10.


Present:
Peter Jackson (Chair)
Martin Shead
Debbie Rowan
Rebecca Ross
Alan Silverstone
Julia Chalmers

Minutes and matters arising

Minutes from 2013-12-11 were accepted. Some outstanding actions are carried forward.

Quiz night

Plans and actions were agreed as follows:

Scheduled for 2014-02-08, starting at 19:00 with the quiz itself to begin at 19:30.

We will serve refreshments, mainly during an interval at 20:30. Charges will be similar to the usual coffee morning charges. Participants may bring their own alcoholic drinks. Teams will be charged £5 to enter.

There will be two 45 minute sessions, with a 30 minute break at 20:30 for refreshments.

For refreshments, MS agreed to make a cake and brownies and RR will make savory scones: cheese, feta and olive, chili.
Action: MS and RR.

We will use the projector and screen at the stage-end of the room.

The teams will typically be teams of four. The winners will receive a bottle of Champagne. Best to provide a shareable prize or a prize for each team member.
Action: RR.
Action: DR to investigate trophy availability and costs.

RR has made the quiz questions. They are new, not a repeat of the previous quiz. PNJ copied the documents from RR's USB stick. These later sent to JC for her to cross check with her later event.

PNJ and RR to meet on 2014-01-30 to consolidate plans.

MS agreed to create a poster for the event. The intent is to put up posters on 2014-01-19 and more on 2014-01-26 if necessary.
Action: MS and RR.

The quiz itself will be run by PNJ and RR.

Next meeting

This would normally have been on 2014-02-12, but MS won't be available (Parish Council) so we'll meet at Kel Dowr on Thursday 2014-02-13 at 19:00. To be chaired by PNJ.

AOB

Photographic competition

To be publicised in Darite and St Cleer schools.

PNJ to publish competition description on the web site.
Action: PNJ.

MS agreed to make semi-permanent A3 posters for the competition once the details have been published.

Currently the weather precludes much photographic activity, so we are thinking it won't start before March.

Meeting closed Wednesday 08-Jan-2014 20:53.

Action summary

  1. DR to clarify the accounts published in the 2013-10-26 Minutes.
  2. DR to find out a good time for the Owl event.
  3. JC to plan a treasure hunt.
  4. PNJ to discuss a South Caradon geological walk with Calum Beeson.
  5. MS and RR to prepare food for Quiz Night.
  6. DR to investigate trophy availability and costs.
  7. MS to create posters for Quiz Night.
  8. MS and RR to distribute posters for Quiz Night.
  9. PNJ to publish competition description on the web site.

Updates

This document is maintained by members of the Darite community. Comments are always welcome and should be addressed to heritage at darite dot org dot uk.
  1. PNJ, 2014-02-12. Transcribed from notes made at the meeting.

Any text you see at this point onwards is the result of the style sheet used by this document being inaccessible or corrupt. The document content above is usable but probably renders less elegantly than the author intended.
Public